Moorecroft’s involvement in Art in the Garden (Nanoose Bay) was a huge success. Thank you to the Seselja family for so graciously welcoming the Nanoose community to their lovely garden and to the Art in the Garden Committee for inviting the Moorecroft Stewards to participate in their event.
Our Moorecroft Regional Park display had a prime location for visitors to spot us as we were the first display after the entrance. Some passers-by were unaware of the beautiful gem in our neighbourhood; most were regular and grateful visitors to the park.
We had a very busy and productive time interacting with Art in the Garden guests. We enjoyed discussing aspects of Moorecroft Regional Park’s history, the work of the RDN and the ramifications of Nature Conservancy Covenant on the property.
We met many former Moorecroft campers and camp leaders who were willing and happy to share their memories of camping days at Moorecroft, giving us additional stories for our website.
Our display of completed quilt squares for our community quilt project created interest from quilters with some volunteering to complete a quilt square for us.
Our raffle raised $370. Congratulations to our raffle winners:
- Dawn and David Campbell won the Moorecroft Camp Cabin window
- June Speller won Doreen Warren’s original watercolour
A huge THANK YOU! to:
- Doreen Warren, President of Nanoose Art Group, whose donated watercolour captured the sea view from Moorecroft so beautifully
- Gail Adrienne from NALT (Nanaimo and Area Land Trust) who arranged our BC Gaming Licence for the raffle
- Guy Monty, Moorecroft Park Caretaker, for sharing his beautiful Park photos for our display
- Diana Young, Jacquie Fennellow, Vicki Voros, Hugo Sprenger, Robyn Kemp, Cheryl Beaveridge for volunteering at our display booth over the two day event
- Toine and Akbar Rhemtulla for the loan of their canopy for our display